An Experienced Drug Crime Lawyer
Indiana drug crime is on the rise and drug charges and convictions can have serious consequences. Attorney Dorie Maryan is a Bargersville drug crime lawyer who represents clients facing criminal drug charges in Bargersville, Greenwood and Johnson County. With decades of trial experience, she founded Maryan Law, LLC, to defend individuals in Indiana who are accused of crimes.
Indiana Drug Crimes And Criminal Charges
The state of Indiana classifies different drug crimes based on the type of illegal substance, its potential addictive qualities and its harmfulness, ranging in severity from misdemeanors to felonies. Criminal drug charges in Indiana can include:
- Possessing an illegal or controlled substance
- Selling an illegal or controlled substance
- Manufacturing an illegal or controlled substance
- Distribution of an illegal or controlled substance
In the state of Indiana, it is a crime to possess any type of illegal drug. Any sort of drug trafficking is also a crime. Trafficking charges can include manufacturing or financing the manufacturing of illegal substances or possessing large amounts of illegal substances with the intent to distribute that illegal substance.
Aggravated Drug Crimes In Indiana
If aggravating factors are involved, prosecutors can file more serious charges to account for the aggravating factors. Aggravating factors can include:
- Prior convictions for previous drug crimes
- Commission of the offense with violence, including the use of a weapon or firearm
- Commission of the offense within the vicinity of a school or public park
- Commission of the offense in the presence of a child
In addition, if an overdose death occurs and you can be connected to involvement through a drug crime, prosecutors may be able to file homicide charges against you.